LASER (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) is a device that emits light through optical amplification and stimulated emission of electromagnetic radiation. It is unique from other light sources in terms of directionality, intensity, and coherence. Laser cutting and engraving are increasingly becoming famous for small businesses owing to their limitless creativity and convenience. If you want to earn from the comfort of your home then you can invest in a laser cutter engraver. It is one of the best investments for growing entrepreneurs and small businesses working on laser cutting and engraving projects.
These laser cutter and engraver machines allow you to brand your products with quality markings or engravings. The use of design software makes sure every engraving has high precision. Moreover, you can prepare complex engravings that would be challenging to imitate. To eliminate your confusion on how to pick up the the best laser cutter engraver for your businesses, we have highlighted the best ones along with a section on how to choose them.
List of The Best Laser Cutter Engraver
Check out the thorough reviews of the best laser cutter engraver for small business below.
xTool D1 Pro laser cutter and engraver can be the best laser cutter engraver for small business if you want to precisely cut various types of materials in one pass. It can cut a 3 mm black acrylic and a 6 mm basswood board in one pass. Moreover, it combines two laser beams into one. You can use it to cut wood, paper, plastic, leather, and dark acrylic. Besides, it can engrave on most consumables like glass, metal, and more.
- It has 60W machine power and delivers 10W output power.
- Its entire structure is built using aluminum alloy and implemented with a steel shaft wheel guide rail design.
- It comes with a robust belt tension adjustment unit and super-fine spot focus (0.08 * 0.08 mm). These features facilitate high accuracy of cutting/engraving and are accurately controlled in 0.004 inches.
- The repositioning accuracy is less than 0.007 inches.
- The built-in flame sensor detects and fires alarm timely. It easily finds the laser head’s position. Moreover, it uses the latest X&Y axis limit switches to protect the tool from striking the edges.
- You can use 30+ fonts, 500+ elements, and default factors for common materials. Hence, the tool helps you to smoothly start your DIY projects.
- Dimensions and weight: 31.38 x 14.72 x 5.31 inches;18.39 pounds.
Pros And Cons
SCULPFUN S9 CNC laser engraver uses a diode laser implemented with the advanced 5.5W laser beam shaping technology. What makes it one of the best laser cutter engravers for small business is that it offers an ultra-fine sharp laser focus of 0.06 * 0.06 mm. It is the best on the market in the realm of diode lasers. The penetration ability and precision are excellent. Generally, this laser cutter engraver machine is suitable for start-up entrepreneurs, artists, designers, hobbyists, professionals, and homemakers.
The entire metal construction guarantees durability and high engraving accuracy. You can upgrade the structural frame as needed. The assembly process normally completes within 20 minutes.
- The laser filter cover filters out 98% of the UV light to the eyes. So, you can view laser engraving without wearing goggles. Also, it avoids animals from tracing the laser spot.
- It can cut up to 10 mm thick dark acrylic, 10 mm thick plywood, 15 mm thick wood, engraved stainless steel, and ceramics.
- The included steel pad protects the table against laser damage and fire hazards.
- The compatible engraving software are LaserGRBL (free), LightBurn (paid), GrblController, Benbox, and LiteFire.
- PWM mode engraving is supported.
- The compatible operating system is Windows and Mac (for LightBurn).
- The supported engraving file formats are JPG, PNG, SVG, DXF, NC, G-code, BMP, etc.
- The laser combines a sliding design with a fixed-focus lens. You only have to slide the laser and fasten the screws to achieve proper focusing.
- The efficient chips, circuit motherboard, and fan cooling system guarantee that the module will not heat up even after operating for a long time. Hence, the service life is improved.
- Dimensions and weight: 24.8 x 16.5 x 14.3 inches; 9.98 pounds.
Pros And Cons
ATEZR P20 Plus fiber laser engraver is equipped with compressed spot technology and 20W laser power. The spot area is 0.06 x 0.08mm which increases the cutting efficiency and makes the carving process more dynamic. The optical axis transmission construction of ATEZR P20 Plus can offer high processing speed, repeated positioning accuracy, and long service life. The dense aluminum alloy metal frame guarantees reliable and smooth operation.
- It can cut 10 mm of acrylic acid and 15 mm of wood in one pass.
- The working area of the engraving and cutting processes is 17″x17″.
- The built-in 32-bit motherboard comes with 256-bit color scale. It makes your engraving colorful.
- The processing speed is up to 24800 mm/min.
- The airflow is 24-30L/M. It removes dust and smoke produced during laser cutting. Hence, the airflow reduces the surface temperature of materials during cutting and carving. The cutting edges become smooth and clean.
- 2 limit switches are installed on the X-axis and Y-axis to find the laser module and regulate the moving track.
- An emergency stop button is available to instantly cut off the power supply to always guarantee work safety.
- The compatible operating systems are Win XP/7/8/10, mac OS.
- The compatible devices are PCs, mobiles, and tablets.
- The compatible carving software are LaserGRBL (free) and LightBurn (paid).
- The output file format can be JPG/PNG/NC/BMP/DXF.
- Dimensions and weight: 29.25 x 6.1 x 19.8 inches; 24.9 pounds.
Pros And Cons
In terms of fast engraving speed, this 10W laser cutter and engraver machine can be one of the best laser cutter engravers for small business. It provides marking speed up to 10000 mm/min. This fast speed and the fast engraving algorithm help you to quickly complete your engraving projects and explore your creativity.
The built-in 10W diode laser can cut through 20mm wood board and 30 mm acrylic in a single pass. You can also use this machine on glass, metal, stainless steel, paper, ceramic, leather plastic, rubber, paint, and MDF.
- The size of the working space is 400 mm x 450 mm.
- The focal spot of 0.06 mm offers an accurate engraving result.
- The compatible devices are phones and computers.
- The compatible carving software are LaserGRBL and LightBurn.
- The supported OS are Windows 7/8/9/10, and Linux.
- Dimensions and weight: 6 x 4 x 1 inches; 14.67 pounds.
Pros And Cons
The built-in 20W optical output laser module of this Longer RAY5 laser machine is implemented with the latest laser enhancement technology, which improves the cutting capacity. It is useful for professional offices, factories, and workshops. You can use this laser engraver machine to cut 15 mm pine wood and 8 mm acrylic in one pass, 35 mm acrylic and 25 mm wood in multiple passes. It can also cut 0.05 mm stainless steel. The assembly process is easy with the included accessories like user guides and product installation guides.
- The 3.5-inch color touchscreen helps you to easily operate this tool. You can check the engraving progress, adjust the engraving speed, and more.
- The available connection modes are USB connection, SD card connection, APP connection, and Wi-Fi connection.
- This laser tool can operate parallel by controlling only one terminal. You can collectively number of units to be engraved and cut.
- Dimensions and weight: 24.2 x 14 x 5.1 inches; 12.17 pounds.
Pros And Cons
This xTool M1 3-in-1 laser engraver is the world’s first desktop hybrid laser and blade-cutting tool. It supports versatile functionalities such as laser cutting, laser engraving, and blade cutting. Hence, it is one of the best laser cutter engravers for small businesses dealing with a wide range of materials. It can cut or engrave more than 300 materials like metal, vinyl, leather, wood, paper, PVC, fabric, ceramics, plastic, cardboard, felt, etc.
- The implementation of laser technology allows xTool M1 to deliver 10W power output. So, it can cut 10 mm of wood in a single pass.
- A FAC lens and compressed spot technology achieve 0.01 mm engraving accuracy at a speed of up to 15000 mm/min.
- The built-in 16 MP high-resolution camera allows the laser tool to perform auto-focusing and visual processing. It can retrieve images, designs, and drawings in 3 steps to prepare creative designs and perform batch processing with an AI system.
- The viewing cover filters blue light to defend your eyes.
- A built-in fan and its exhaust pipe rapidly discharge dust, smoke, and spark.
- With the help of a removable bottom plate, this tool can engrave materials up to unlimited height.
- Dimensions and weight: 21.9 x 17.6 x 9.1 inches; 21.6 pounds.
Pros And Cons
ORTUR 2 Pro laser engraver and cutter is popular for its engraving speed of up to 15000 mm/min. It has a cutting-edge 10W laser module implemented with dual-compression diode technology. It can cut 30 mm acrylic sheets and 20 mm wooden boards. The included air-assist interface is specially designed for laser cutting. The dual-fan cooling system guarantees the stability of this ORTUR laser unit for long-term usage.
- When the engraving machine tilts or displaces, it would automatically stops the laser.
- If the computer or engraving machine crashes, the laser would immediately stop working.
- If the engraving machine turns on but there are zero movements for a long period, the laser will be automatically turned off.
- An emergency stop switch is included for protection during an emergency.
- A flame detector and buzzer alarm is included to ensure safe operation.
- The compatible engraving software are LaserGRBL(free) and LightBurn(paid).
- The compatible operating systems are Windows xp/7/8/10/11, and Mac.
- The supported engraving file formats are JPG/JPEG/ PNG/ BMP/ CR2/ TIF/ DXF/ SVG, etc.
- Dimensions and weight: 26.69 x 11.42 x 5.2 inches; 11.31 pounds.
Pros And Cons
How To Pick The Best Laser Cutter Engraver for Small Business?
Taking into account the following factors can help you save time and money when choosing the best laser cutter engraver for your business.
1. Types of laser cutter engravers
i. CO2 laser engraver
In this type of laser engraver, the laser is generated when an electric current passes through certain gases to produce light. Usually, these lasers can cut and engrave materials like wood, paper, plastic, acrylic, and anodized aluminum. They are fast and are used for manufacturing. However, these laser cutter engravers occupy more space and are more fragile, also, they can be expensive.
ii. Fiber laser engraver
Fiber laser engravers are the most widespread types of laser engravers today. Commonly, they are used to engrave industrial plastics and metals. They boast outstanding laser beam quality, long service life, and high efficiency. But, they can’t be used to cut some non-metal materials like wood and acrylic.
iii. Diode lasers
Diode lasers offer the lowest output wattage. Hence, you don’t get much output volume. Another downside is that they can’t cut through thicker materials. On the other hand, they are portable, lightweight, and cost-effective. They use a low laser power output.
iv. Nd: YAG/Nd: YVO lasers
They use crystals as a medium for solid-state lasers. The light energy generates from laser diodes or flash tubes. The light then passes through a synthetic crystalline material integrated with neodymium (Nd).
2. Power output
The efficiency of a laser cutter engraver depends on its power capacity. Usually, a high-power laser cutter engraver can make quick and precise cuts. Diode lasers offer optical power ranging from 5 to 15W. The power output from CO2 lasers ranges from 40 to 300W. The power output from fiber lasers can go up to several thousand watts.
If you are beginning your small business, you need not spend much on a more powerful laser cutter engraver. However, you must choose the one with high power output if you aim to work with multiple materials.
3. Material compatibility
You must determine the type of material you want to work with. The diode lasers can engrave various types of materials like wood, glass, acrylic, leather, and ceramic. If you want to cut more metal materials then you much choose a fiber laser cutter. A CO2 laser cutter engraver is suitable for engraving non-metal materials like foam, plastic, PVC glass, and more.
4. Other features
You must consider additional aspects like size, weight, and power consumption before choosing a laser cutter engraver. Make sure you have sufficient space to set up the machine. Moreover, you must check the cutting plate size to ascertain that it’s large enough to accommodate the material you are cutting.
Frequently Asked Questions When Picking Laser Cutter Engraver
1. What are the differences between laser engraving and laser cutting?
Laser engraving process uses a focused laser beam to vaporize or etch material. Subsequently, it creates permanent designs or markings on the surface. On the other hand, the laser cutting process uses a high-powered laser beam to cut through materials. So, it creates clean and accurate edges.
Laser engraving is extensively used to create markings or designs on a material’s surface whereas laser cutting creates intricate shapes or separate pieces. Generally, laser cutting is faster than laser engraving owing to its ability to cut through materials in one pass.
2. Is it unsafe to use laser cutters and engravers?
Yes, you must be very much cautious when using a laser cutter and engraver. These laser machines emit powerful beams that can damage your skin or eyes. You must follow the safety protocols when using them.
3. How long does a laser usually last on a laser cutter engraver?
The lifespan of a laser depends on the type of laser cutter engraver machine you buy. Fiber lasers boast the longest lifespan which is an average of 100,000 hours. But fiber laser engravers are expensive. A diode laser boasts a lifespan of approx. 25,000 to 50,000 hours. It is long-lasting and cost-effective, hence, it is perfect for small businesses. CO2 lasers come with the shortest lifespan of 5,000 to 8,000 hours.
Incorporating a laser cutter engraver for small businesses can speed up their operations and also boost productivity. It can help them save time and money. If you aim to commence a laser-cutting business, you might invest in the best laser cutter engraver for small business from the above selection to achieve your goals. The laser cutter engravers offer very high precision when engraving materials. Using these devices can make your products traceable and reinforce your brand value.
Enjoyed this article on the best laser cutter engraver for small business? Then be sure to check out our other guide of the best fiber laser engraver.